With Camp, Woosley, and Hill fires ravaging northern and southern California, Rech Law sends our thoughts and prayers to those who have been displaced, lost their homes, or lost loved ones. In family law cases, it is easy to get caught in the whirlwind of our own lives, but in times like these, we must remember to take a step back and help our fellow man. We may be far from California, but here are some ways you can help:
- Donate money:
- American Red Cross – provides food, shelter, relief supplies, and more.
- United Way Disaster Relief Fund – provides long-term support to low-income families and individuals in rebuilding their lives after the devastating impact of the fires.
- Hill Fire and Woolsey Fire Sudden and Urgent Needs Effort – supports to immediate needs of nonprofit organizations in the community who are serving those affected.
- Provide non-perishable food:
- Salvation Army – provides non-perishable food items to those in need.
- California Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund – supports recovery and preparedness efforts for major and devastating California wildfires; helps rebuild homes, provide basic needs assistance, assisted in follow-up medical care and supplies, provide financial health assistance, and much more.
- Contribute to animal shelters:
- Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation – assists emergency response and disaster relief by providing supplies, training, and equipment to aid in rescuing animals from natural and man-made disasters.
Reminder: Always remember to research the charity’s mission and reputation before donating.