Kate Rech is a native Charlottean, having graduated from Myers Park High School. She did her undergraduate studies at UNC-Charlotte, graduating with a B.S. in Business Administration, major in Marketing, as well as a B.A. in Spanish. While there, she studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain through a program with UNC-Chapel Hill. She graduated from the Charlotte School of Law as class valedictorian in the first graduating class. While there, she studied abroad in Edinburgh, Scotland through a program with William Mitchell College of Law.
After graduating from law school, she began practicing misdemeanor criminal defense matters and plaintiff’s side civil litigation before opening her own practice, focusing primarily on family law.
Since opening our doors in 2010, we have helped hundreds of clients through the tough times that often come along with family law issues. We believe in fighting hard for our clients and being there for them when they need us most.
Attorney Kate Rech chose the field of domestic law because she felt that she could make a direct and positive impact on people’s lives. She believes that helping provide a service to the community is not only a benefit to the public, but it is satisfying and rewarding for the practice and for herself. She believes in giving her clients realistic expectations, instead of telling them what they want to hear. She also believes such a philosophy makes for more collaboration between the lawyer and the client. She can never guarantee clients a particular result but she can promise professionalism on her part, and that they will be properly prepared when the time comes.
- Charlotte School of Law, J.D.
- William Mitchell College of Law Study Abroad Program, Edinburgh, Scotland
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte, B.S. in Business Administration in Marketing and B.A. in Spanish
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Study Abroad Program, Sevilla, Spain
- Myers Park High School
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
Professional Associations & Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Family Law Section
- Charlotte School of Law Alumni Association
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity (former Vice President)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte Alumni
- North Carolina Notary Public
- YMCA of Greater Charlotte Member