Family Law Appeals Attorneys in Charlotte, NC
Successfully Guiding Clients Through the Family Court Appeals Process Since 2010
Filing a family law appeal in North Carolina can be an arduous process. Successfully navigating through the family law appellate process requires a deep familiarity with the legal system and an understanding of the intricacies of family law. That’s why it is essential to have a passionate and knowledgeable family law attorney by your side every step of the way.
At Rech Law, P.C., we specialize in guiding clients through the family law appeals process with efficiency and expertise. Our family law appeals attorneys have over a decade of experience assisting clients in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our track record of success, as demonstrated by testimonials from our many satisfied clients, serves as proof of our unwavering commitment to doing whatever is in the best interests of our clients and their families. Trust us to make your family law appeal a seamless and rewarding experience.
Need help filing a family law appeal in Charlotte? Our experienced family law appeals lawyers can help you. Give Rech Law, P.C. a call at (704) 659-0007 or contact us online now to schedule a confidential consultation with our dedicated family law appeals attorneys in Charlotte.
Demystifying the Family Law Appeals Process in Charlotte, North Carolina
Filing a family law appeal can be mystifying and intimidating, especially if you don’t have the right information. If you’re considering appealing a family court decision in North Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. Below is a step-by-step breakdown of the family law appeals process, including practical tips and important information to keep in mind:
- File the Notice of Appeal – The first step in appealing a family court decision in North Carolina is filing a notice of appeal, within 30 days of the entry of the Order.
- Prepare the Brief – The next step is preparing your brief, which is a written document that outlines your argument and the reasons you are appealing the court’s decision. The brief should be thorough, well-organized, and presented in a way that is easy to understand for the appellate court. You should work closely with an experienced family law attorney who can help you develop the strongest possible argument for your appeal.
- Submit the Brief and Schedule Oral Argument – After your brief is filed, the appellee (the opposing party) has 30 days to file their own brief. If selected for oral argument, the next step in the appeals process is scheduling oral argument, which is typically held within two to three months after the briefs have been submitted. During oral argument, each party will have a limited amount of time to present their argument and respond to questions from the appellate judges. If not selected for oral argument, the appellate judges will make a decision based on the filed briefs.
- Receive the Decision – The appellate court will then issue a written decision, which can take several months after the filing of the briefs or oral argument. The decision may affirm, reverse, or modify the trial court’s decision. If the appellate court affirms the trial court’s decision, your case will be closed. If, however, the appellate court reverses or modifies the trial court’s decision, the case will be sent back to the trial court, and you may have to go through another hearing or trial.
- Finalize the Appeal – If the appellate court issues a decision in your favor, the decision could be final. If the court reverses the trial court’s decision and remands the case back to the trial court, the case could be reopened at the trial court level. If you are still dissatisfied with the appellate court’s decision, there may be the option to petition the North Carolina Supreme Court for further review.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Family Law Attorney to Help You Appeal a Family Court Decision in Charlotte, North Carolina?
If you're considering appealing a family court decision, it's important to weigh the benefits of hiring an experienced family law attorney to help you through the process. The following is a list of several reasons why hiring an attorney to help you appeal a family court decision in Charlotte, North Carolina is an option worth considering:
- Familiarity with the process – More often than not, people who are looking to appeal a family court decision are doing so for the first time. This inexperience with the legal system can lead to mistakes, miscalculations, and misunderstandings that can be detrimental to their case. A family law attorney who is familiar with the appeal process will know what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.
- Expertise in family law – An experienced family law attorney in North Carolina can provide you with their legal expertise and knowledge of case law to ensure a convincing appeal. Family law attorneys know how to present legal arguments and evidence in court, making sure that the proper procedures are followed throughout the process. They also know what kind of evidence is necessary to support your case and how to obtain it.
- Objective viewpoint – An objective legal perspective can help to ensure that your case is evaluated from all angles. Hiring a family law attorney who is not involved in the emotional pressures of the situation can help you to prepare a compelling case that clearly and objectively demonstrates your argument.
- Maximize your chances – Even if you believe that you have a strong case, there may be procedural issues that could derail your appeal if not handled correctly. By taking the time to find the right attorney, you can increase your chances of success and build a case that is both compelling and legally sound.
Contact us today to discuss your situation with our team of experienced family law appeals lawyers in Charlotte. Whether you prefer giving us a call at (704) 659-0007 or filling out our online contact form, we are here to assist you every step of the way. Don't hesitate to reach out. We look forward to helping you.
“I had a great experience with Attorney Ashley Owens. She was highly professional while also being personable.”- Kristina M.
“My attorney and her team were nothing short of phenomenal.”- Tony R.
“I highly recommend them if you need their services.”- Mike T.