I started my career in family law in 2006, and my professional and personal experiences have taught me the importance of ending a marriage with as much dignity as possible. Prior to joining Rech Law, I practiced with another family law firm in Charlotte.
I’m a native Charlottean and graduated in the top ten percent of my class during law school. While there, I worked in a family advocacy clinic, where I had the opportunity to represent parents whose children were in Department of Social Services’ custody. I also interned with the Mecklenburg County Family Court Administrator’s Office, the Honorable Louis A. Trosch, Jr., and in the Legal Department for Matthews-based Family Dollar, Inc., as well as volunteered with the Mecklenburg County Self-Serve Center.
I became a Board-Certified Family Law Specialist in 2019, earning a status that only 3.9% of my colleagues have achieved.
In 2023, I completed Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training to allow me to become a collaborative attorney.
Prior to attending law school, I was a legal assistant to a family law practitioner for almost seven years. I also volunteered for the Mecklenburg County Guardian ad litem program for over two years. I earned my bachelor’s degree from Queens University of Charlotte, where I majored in American Political Science and was named Political Science Student of the Year. While at Queens, I was an active member of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority.
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my husband, our kids, and our Labrador retriever mix. I also volunteer with the Yancey County Humane Society and the Humane Society of Charlotte. I enjoy local politics and working on political campaigns.
I am passionate about my clients and believe in a holistic approach to family law, including divorce. I recognize that, for most clients, this is one of the most difficult and stressful times they will ever go through. I strive to get to know clients on a personal level so that I fully understand their situation. I am practical with my advice and hope to help clients make decisions that make the most sense for their specific situation.
- J.D., Charlotte School of Law, Cum Laude
- B.A., Queens University of Charlotte, American Political Science, Magna Cum Laude
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
Professional Associations & Memberships
- NC Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Family Law Section
- Mecklenburg County Family Court Task Force and Domestic Court Bar Committee
- North Carolina Notary Public
- Humane Society of Charlotte Young Affiliated Professionals
- Alpha Delta Pi Alumnae Association
- Charlotte Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Cabarrus County Bar Association
- Board Certified Specialist In Family Law